Established in 1668, Merck KGaA has roughly 350 years of history and is headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany. The Group mainly focuses its efforts on innovative pharmaceutical manufacturing, biotechnology, and material technologies with forward-looking applications. In China, Merck Serono employs more than 1,000 employees and conducts business nationwide, including operations in 8 major areas with 14 types of pharmaceutical products.
The purpose of the oTMS visualized transport project was to establish a complete, centralized, and precise transport operation process under Merck’s integrated inventory model, and to build and promote an application system which would support Merck’s transport operation management in order to meet the company’s operating needs in logistics management and maintain Merck’s ability to continue to expand the distribution of its products and generate greater profits.
By working with oTMS, Merck’s business in China has achieved major breakthroughs:
- Manage the entire process of orders with total transparency in tracking and searching
- Collect and analyze statistics on logistics costs
- Track and trace products and manage the flow of pharmaceuticals
- Obtain logistics information through different channels including web and mobile applications; Use an entirely visualized interface featuring information sharing for logistics data
- Enhance business operations, improve customer satisfaction, and use big data to optimize logistics services and cut costs