In China logistics market, payment terms has great influence on freight cost. 80% of trucks are owned by drivers, who demand prepayment or latest payment on delivery. Thus it's common practice for carriers to take loans. But unlike traditional loans collateral like mortages or other assets, oTMS FinTech uses verified shipments, with data created by multiple parties as proof of valid freight payment. Funders love oTMS data-enhanced credit risk and use shipper credit rating to extend funding to wider carrier base that previously was underserved.
We can pay 30%-60% freight fee of the shipment to carrier on behalf of shipper upon qualified delivery, which can be custom-defined as made within specific leadtime/timeframe within specific geofence, in addition can be with ePOD or handshake (consignee confirmation).
The interest is lower than delivery financing, due to lower risk & less admin we can pay up to 60%-80% freight fee to carriers upon online billing accepted by shipper. The period of VAT invoice issue can be avoided in this scenario, depending on the internal process between shipper and carriers it could take more than just a few days.
Finally, oTMS can finance upto 100% of confirmed VAT fapiao, at very competitive rate. The uniqueness of oTMS FinTech is that payment will come directly from shipper and all shipment data & payment data is generated and valid by shipper. Thus potential risk for funders is switched from carriers to shipper, whose credit rating is usually much higher.
- Extend Carrier CHOICES, thus possible to cut the middleman
- Improve ePOD return rate, shorten RISK window
- Improve END-USER ADOPTION and data authenticity & completeness
- Possible savings when existing carriers offer discount based on FinTech
- Reduce capital pressure & cost to adapt long shipper payment
- Convinient & low interest rate to get capital when needed
- Able to pay sub-contractors early to get better price
- Grow business faster by reducing net working capital